This website is designed to introduce you to Henley Baptist Church in Henley-in-Arden, Warwickshire. Here you can learn about the life of the church, meet the pastor and request prayer or information.
Henley Baptist Church exists to draw people to God. We offer a warm, friendly atmosphere and an excitement about praising our Lord and exploring the boundless treasure of His Word, the Holy Bible. Every member of our church is loved and is important to the life of the church family. This family opens its arms wide to welcome new members and visitors
As a family church we exist to:
- Share: communing with God through faith in Jesus;
- Care: compassionately for each other in the love of Jesus;
- Bear: and be good news to others of the Spirit of Jesus.
Since 1688 our church has been committed to serving our Lord Jesus in our town of Henley. Meetings were originally held in houses until the first chapel was built in 1822. In 1867 George F Muntz gave the money for a new chapel of Wilmcote stone to be built. Unfortunately a disastrous fire in 1936 left only a few walls standing but the chapel was rebuilt and reopened in September 1937.
Latest News - April 2016
- Services in April: 3rd - Mr David Walters; 10th - Mr John Hart; 17th - Mr David Skelton;24th - Mr Gordon Trinder.
- Services in May: 1st - Mr Graham Ball; 8th - Mr John Crump; 15th - Mr Mike Wilks; 22nd - Mr Charles Eaves; 29th - Mr Peter Gale.
- Fellowship - A lunch will be held on 7th April at 1pm.
- Churches Together - A time of meditation, prayer and fellowship. The next meeting will be 28th April at 12:30pm at the Baptist Hall.
- There will be a coffee morning supporting the work of Christian Aid in the Baptist Hall on Wednesday 18th May. 10:30am to 12 noon.
- A fund raising coffee morning & cake stall for the christmas lights organisers will be held on Saturday 7th May. In the Baptist Hall 10am to 12:30pm.
- Coffee mornings in the Baptist Hall: 10:30am - 12noon. Coffee/tea and scone on a Wednesday for 60p. Coffee/tea and biscuits on a Saturday for 50p. We look forward to meeting all our regulars and welcome any new friends and visitors.